There are many unique types of equipment to collect in MU Online! From armor sets and weapons, to Wings and Pets, there are a total of 15 equipment slots for most character classes!
#Notes & Tips
Equipment Slots #
There is a large array of items that can be used in combat. Let's go over some basic equipment you'll use.
- Armor sets include Helm, Armor, Pants, Gloves, and Boots items.
- Some characters can equip two weapons while others use a weapon and an off-hand item.
- Obtainable accessory items include earrings, necklaces and ring items.
- Pentagrams are powerful books which unlock elemental abilities when equipped.
- Some characters use Wings while other character use Capes. Both item types give the character's the ability to fly, giving a huge +Movement Speed increase.
- Pet items give a character additional bonuses and appear on the screen when equipped!
Item Durability #
Most equipment items have durability which will decrease over time from combat. An item breaks if it reaches zero durability, meaning the item will only provide 20% of its properties. You can repair most items even after it becomes zero durability, however some items you cannot repair once they reach zero durability!
- Any character can repair item Durability for a Zen fee.
- Use the Repair Hammer from Character Inventory to repair Durability.
- Repair Hammer hot-key: L
- Some NPCs offer item Repair feature, which is 50% cheaper than using Repair Hammer:
- Durability decreases faster from large amounts of damage and upon death.
+Luck is bound to items only on a chance basis. +Luck only appears when items are dropped by monsters or crafted.
- +Luck consists of two +Additional Options being bound to an item:
- Critical Damage Chance +5%
- +25% Jewel of Soul rate
- "Jewel of Soul rate" increases the success rate of upgrading the item's level with Jewel of Soul, or when using the item in any crafting recipe which uses Jewel of Soul.
+Item Level #
Most equipment items can have their +Item Level increased. Increasing +Item Level will improve the equipment's damage or defense!
- You can upgrade items via Chaos Goblin Machine.
- Almost all items can have their +Item Level enhanced up to +15.
- A Jewel of Bless can enhance +Item Level up to +6 with 100% Success Rate.
- A Jewel of Soul can enhance +Item Level up to +9, with varied Success Rates (about 50% chance).
- Upgrading +Item Level past +9 requires multiple jewels and has lower Success Rates. Check the Chaos Goblin Machine guide for more details.
- Upgrade +Item Level up to +6
- 100% Success Rate
- Upgrade +Item Level up to +9
- 40% ~ 60% Success Rate
- If the upgrade fails:
- Item +0: +Item Level remains +0
- Item +1 ~ +6: +Item Level decreases by 1
- Item +7 ~ +8: +Item Level becomes +0
Item Grades #
Some items are more powerful than others because of its item grade.
- Normal Items: has no unique +Additional Option.
- Excellent Items: has the +Excellent Option bound to itself.
- Ancient Items: has the +Ancient Option bound to itself and additionally can unlock a +Set Option bonus.
- Socket Items: has +Sockets which Seed Sphere can be attached to and additionally can unlock a +Socket Set Option bonus.
Unique Equipment Types #
Some items have unique abilities that are different from all other items.
- Seige Items: a Normal Item which can be combined with a +Jewel of Guardian to add +PVP Option.
- Moss Weapons: an Excellent Item which has all six +Excellent Options bound to itself.
- Archangel Weapons: an Excellent Item which has all six +Excellent Options bound to itself. It can be upgraded to improve its +Excellent Option and to use a buff skill!
- Lucky Ticket Sets: an Ancient Item which only loses its durability over time. It is obtained from the cash item shop by purchasing Lucky Tickets.
- Mastery Weapon: an Excellent Item with better +Excellent Options than other items, for characters greater than level 400.
- Mastery Sets: an Excellent Item and an Ancient Item with better +Additional Options than other items, for characters greater than level 400.
- Enhanced Weapon: similar to Mastery Weapons, this is an Excellent Item with better +Excellent Options than other items, but for characters greater than level 800.
- Enhanced Sets: similar to Mastery Sets, this is an Excellent Item and an Ancient Item with better +Additional Options than other items, but for characters greater than level 800.
Muun are little pets that give extra bonuses but only if specific conditions are met. They are very similar to pets, however Muun can be upgraded and evolved to enhance their +Additional Options! Another difference is that these items are stored and equipped via the Muun Inventory (hot-key: Y). They are typically only obtainable through promotional events and cannot be traded!
- Critical DMG +2 ~ +6
- Time-limited multiplier: X5
- ATK/WIZ/Curse DMG +2 ~ +8
- Time-limited multiplier: X5
- ATK/WIZ/Curse DMG +14 ~ +24
- Time-limited multiplier: X20
Notes & Tips #
- All equipment items have character class restrictions.
- A character's "Base Stats" must meet the requirements of an item in order to equip it.
- Muun items are stored and equipped via the Muun Inventory. (hot-key: Y)
- Pets do not have an +Item Level option.
- Accessory items have the +Item Level option, but it cannot be upgraded in any way.
- Muun and Earrings have the +Item Level option, but they are enhanced in their own unique way. Check their full guides from the navigation.
- Pets, Muun, Accessory items, and Pentagrams cannot have the +Luck options.
Page updated January 31, 2022 || b2022.12.18.002
Owned by Izak Thompson
All Rights Reserved || Copyright © 2012 ~ 2023
*WEBZEN IP, game content, and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Webzen Inc., and its Licensors, and is used with permission. © Webzen Inc. All rights reserved. The MU logo and the Webzen logo are trademarks of Webzen Inc.
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.