Ancient items are powerful sets of equipment that, when worn together, unlock a list of unique additional options called '+Set Option!' They are stronger than their normal or excellent-grade counterparts, having much greater offensive and defensive stats! Ancient sets are some of the most powerful equipment items in the game!
- Ancient items are a stronger grade of equipment than the item's normal/excellent grade.
- Ancient items always have at least one '+Ancient Option'.
- Ancient items have fixed 'set names' and fixed '+Set Options' depending on the 'set name'.
- '+Set Options' will be unlocked when you equip at least two items of the same 'set name'.
- Additional '+Set Options' are unlocked for each additional item equipped of the same 'set name'.
- You can mix and match 'set names' to be able to obtain multiple '+Set Options' from two different 'set names'.
- You can check which other items are included in a 'set name' by checking the item tooltip. ('Set Item Equipment Information')
- Ancient items may possess the following additional options:
- +Ancient Option
- +Jewel of Life Option
- +Jewel of Harmony Option
- +Set Option
- 'Sealed ancient items' can be purchased from NPC Priest James with the Ruud currency.
- 'Sealed ancient items' can then be unsealed via NPC Chaos Goblin Machine.
- Can be obtained by transforming 'ancient mastery items' via NPC Chaos Goblin Machine.
Possible '+Ancient Options'...
One '+Ancient Option' is always bound to an ancient item, and it cannot be upgraded or changed.
- Strength +5 or +10
- Agility +5 or +10
- Stamina +5 or +10
- Energy +5 or +10
- Strength +15 or +30
- Agility +15 or +30
- Stamina +15 or +30
- Energy +15 or +30
- All stats +15 or +30
Some ancient sets can be used by multiple classes. However, some characters may not be able to equip all the items within the entire 'set name.' For example, the Rage Fighter cannot use Gloves, and the Magic Gladiator cannot use Helms. Therefore, those characters would not be able to equip an entire 'set name' if it were to include those items.
- If a character has ancient items equipped but their 'base stats' do not meet the item's requirements, then the '+Set Options' are not applied to the character.
- You can't directly search for ancient items in the 'personal store list.' You will have to search for the normal item grade, and then search through those results to find any ancient item listings.
- 'Mastery items' and 'enhanced items' can reroll '+Ancient Option' by using a Mysterious Stone on the equipment item.
- 'Enhanced items' have special '+Set Options' whose value increases with your equipment's 'item level.'
*for example, if a character's base stats (less any extra stat points from the 'Master Skill Tree', item '+Options', or etc) don't meet the item requirements, then the '+Set Options' will have no effect.
*for example, to search for 'Rave's Plate Helm' you will need to enter only 'Plate Helm' in the search bar to be able to find listings of an ancient item grade.
All Rights Reserved || Copyright © 2012 ~ 2023
*WEBZEN IP, game content, and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Webzen Inc., and its Licensors, and is used with permission. © Webzen Inc. All rights reserved. The MU logo and the Webzen logo are trademarks of Webzen Inc. Voluntary legal agreement established in 2021.